- The EDC sells Kodak 7266 Tri-X Black & White Reversal for $33 per roll.
- We only accept payment in the form of ECCash or a personal check/money order made out to Emerson College. We cannot accept cash or credit cards.
- We do not sell color film or photo film.
- We ship to CineLab and ColorLab for film processing.
- Shipments are sent out every weekday at 4:00 P.M. If you need something sent out urgently, be sure to deliver it to the EDC no later than 3:30 P.M.
- It may take up to two weeks for your film to be processed and returned to the EDC. Please plan accordingly.
- Emerson is not responsible for any mistakes made by the lab or hard drives that are misplaced by the lab.
- If you need film sent out after 4:00 pm, you may ship it yourself. You will need to pay for ground shipping one way, and the lab will send the package back to the EDC once they process the film.
- If you have questions about processing your film, please consult your instructor.
- Students must fill out a Film Services Order Form before the EDC will send out their film.
- You must include debit or credit card information for the lab to process your payment. Cash is not accepted.
- Please write your name on your film can to ensure we can return it safely to you once it is processed. Cans may be provided by your instructor or the EDC.
- Your instructor may send out film on behalf of your class. Please check your course syllabus or contact your faculty member for this information.
When is the film sent out?
The EDC sends film out to cinelab Monday - Friday at 3:30pm. If your film is turned into the EDC after 3:30pm it might not go to the lab until the next day.
What if I miss your deadline but need to get the film to the lab?
If you miss the 3:30pm deadline you can send it out via UPS ground. Take the package to the mailroom, tell them you need it to go to Cinelab and bill VMA, they have the address in the computer already, and they will print you a label. To ensure that it will go out that day it’s best to go to the UPS store, it is located near the Starbucks on the corner of Boylston and Tremont. The truck leaves there around 5pm.
Where is the mailroom and what are their hours?
The mailroom is in the basement of the Colonial Building 100 Boylston. They are currently open Monday thru Friday from 3pm to 5pm.
What should I do with the film that VMA is covering the cost of film processing?
It would be easier for us if you collect the film in class and send it out in one bunch, this way it should all come back in the same box. If you can’t do this then if you pre fill out the form and give it to your students they can drop it off at the EDC and it will be shipped.
When the film comes back from Cinelab where does it go?
If you use the forms we have in the EDC, Cinelab will send the film back to the EDC.
Can I use the same Cinelab slip for more than one roll of film?
Yes if it’s all the same type of film one slip is sufficient. If you have two or three different types of film it’s best to fill out a different form for each type.
What if my students want a video transfer of the film they have?
Emerson now has a video transfer machine in house and it is a free service. Please advise students to not get a video transfer with processing as this will keep the film from coming back in a timely manner. Because they don’t process video transfers often it could take a month or more to come back from the lab.